Types of perfume
There are different types of perfumes, according to their aromatic intensity:
• Perfume: the most concentrated form, between 15-40% aromatic essence
• Eau de Perfume (EDP): ~ 15% concentration.
• Bath water, better known as Eau de Toilette EdT: concentration of 7-15% (~ 10%).
• Colony water = Eau de Cologne EOC: the same concentration as above but with citrus aromas predominantly: only 3-6% (~ 5%) of concentrates.
• Splash perfumes EdS : ~ 1% concentrates. When the perfume is applied to the skin, the heat of the body evaporates the solvent, remaining the aromatic substances, which gradually dissipate for several hours.